Tax Reform Impacts Worth Discussing by Year-End
Five questions to ask your advisors following the passage of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
- Managing Your Assets How to Be the CFO of Your Personal Finances
- Philanthropy Family Philanthropy: Finding Values Across Generations
- Wealth & Your Family 3 Funding Options for Education Expenses
- Trending Topics 5 Ways Financial Technology Is Shaping Your Future
- Transferring Your Wealth Special Needs Trusts: An Estate-Planning Strategy for Parents and Grandparents
What can Wells Fargo do for you?
Talk to us about tax-efficient strategies to consider.
Wells Fargo & Company and its affiliates do not provide legal advice. Wells Fargo Advisors does not provide tax or legal advice. Please consult your tax and legal advisors to determine how this information may apply to your own situation. Whether any planned tax result is realized by you depends on the specific facts of your own situation at the time your taxes are prepared.
*Please consider the investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses carefully before investing in a 529 savings plan. The official statement, which contains this and other information, can be obtained by calling your financial advisor. Read it carefully before you invest.
- Section 529 plans are subject to enrollment, maintenance, administrative, and management fees and expenses.
- Nonqualified withdrawals are subject to federal and state income tax and a 10 percent penalty.
- College savings plans offered by each state differ significantly in features and benefits. The optimal plan for each investor depends on his or her individual objectives and circumstances. In comparing plans, each investor should consider each plan’s investment options, fees, and state tax implications.
An investor should consider, before investing, whether the investor’s or designated beneficiary’s home state offers any state tax or other state benefits, such as financial aid, scholarship funds, and protection from creditors that are only available for investments in such state’s 529 college savings plan.